For schedules, rosters, photos and more, see the official Rosary Athletic Website at http://il.8to18.com/rosary
The emphasis of our sports program is placed on developing skills, striving to reach one's potential and exploring all of the opportunities available through sports. We believe success comes in many forms - achieving a personal best, improving on a team record or reaching new levels of competition. The future of women's sports lies in the hands of the well-rounded athlete. In Rosary`s new Athletic Complex, our student athletes continue to explore their potential and reach for new goals.
- Rosary offers: Cross Country, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field and Volleyball. Rosary supports a Dance Team and Marmion Academy supports the Cheerleader Squad.
- Member Suburban Christian Conference and the I.H.S.A.
- 77% of Rosary students are in athletics (2012-2013)
- 146 students compete in one sport, 62 students compete in two sports, and 11 students compete in three sports (2012-2013)
- 70% of Rosary`s athletes are Scholar Athletes with an average GPA of 3.25 (2012-2013)
A Rosary Scholar Athlete is a student who is named to the honor roll during her competitive season, which indicates that she has successfully balanced an average of 23 hours of sports per week with the demands of Rosary`s high academic standards. On average
70-75% of Rosary's athletes earn the Scholar Athlete ranking.
We are prepared to train our outstanding student athletes to succeed both athletically and academically. It is our goal to provide an environment where a young woman can challenge herself in a variety of arenas. The success of the Royals throughout the conference and state levels speaks for the values, which are the foundation for achievement in competition. Values of goal setting, dedication, and self-discipline help create championship experiences. Skills learned in the classroom and on the playing field work together to help the student achieve her personal best.
Team and Individual Records
In recent years, Rosary High School athletes have experienced both team and individual success. Looking at Rosary`s overall performance, you will see a tradition of solid team competition in all sports arenas and the opportunity of individual recognition.
- State Team Titles:
- Swim - STATE CHAMPIONS 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009, 2nd `04, ’03, `00; 3rd `10,`01,`99, `94; 4th `02,
- Track - `85
- State Records Held: Track (Discus), Swim (200 Medley Relay, 200 Free, 100 Fly,200 I.M.,200 Free Relay)
- Individual State Medalists: Swim, Tennis, Track
- Teams with Consistent State Qualifiers: Golf, Swim, Tennis, Track
- All-State & All-Sectional Team Qualifiers: Soccer, Swim, Volleyball
- Academic All-Conference Qualifiers: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swim, Tennis, Track, Volleyball
- All-American Recognition: Swim, Track, Volleyball
- Conference Titles earned in: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swim, Tennis, Track, Volleyball
- Regional/Sectional Titles earned in: Basketball, Softball, Softball, Soccer, Swim, Tennis, Volleyball
- Conference Player of the Year: Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Swim, Tennis, Track
Individual talent and effort can be recognized at Rosary. Rosary athletes have been offered college scholarships and the opportunity to compete for colleges and universities of all sizes including: Auburn, Augustana, Beloit College, Boston College, Cardinal Stritch, Carroll College, Carthage, Concordia, Denison, Dominican U., Drake, Georgia, Illinois, Illinois State, Iowa, Kentucky, Loyola, Maryland, Mercyhurst, Miami of Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Oakland, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State, St. Ambrose, St. Francis, St. Joseph`s, St. Louis U., St. Norbert, Trinity Christian, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S.Naval Academy, West Point, Western Kentucky, and Winona.
See more on the Rosary athletic program, including schedules, rosters, photos and more on the official Rosary Athletic Website http://il.8to18.com/rosary
Mary Lou Kunold, Athletic Director
Phone: 630-896-0831 ext. 25